Re: XMLHttpRequest.abort()

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:12:31 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
On 5/15/06, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 May 2006 22:50:52 +0200, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
>> > I think we could be more specific about what "reset the object" means,
>>
>> That's defined in the definition section. In theory it's also linked, but
>> I'm not sure if that works at the moment.
>
>And that section doesn't really cut it either, IMO.  It doesn't answer
>my questions about what "reset" means to the state of the object
>(cookies, auth credentials, for example).
>
>If nobody has a quick answer, I'll record a new issue.

The answer is surely nothing in respect to any of those things, there is no
reason why cancelling a single request should have any effect on things
which persists beyond a single request.

In particular cancelling cookies would cause particular oddness whilst there
are two requests going on only one of which is abort'd.

Jim.