Re: XMLHttpRequest.abort()

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:50:52 -0400
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 5/14/06, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:

> "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
> >> Do we really want to define in that level of detail?
>
> No.

+1

> >>   When invoked, this method MUST cancel any network activity for which
> >>   the object is responsible and reset the object.
> >
> > That's fine.
>
> And more than enough.

I think we could be more specific about what "reset the object" means,
unless we want developers to be exposed to the implementation of the
object.  Some post-conditions would be useful, I think.  For example,
does abort() clear (session) cookies?  HTTP auth credentials?  Does
any other (indirectly) observable state get changed?  Anybody know?
If not, I guess some tests are in order ...

Mark.