Re: ACTION-51: XMLHttpRequest and 403

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:12:58 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> For XHR2 it would be interesting to know if you invoke .onload or
> .onerror and if you think that can be changed.

The only time Gecko invokes onerror currently is if a transport-level error
occurred (host doesn't resolve, network connection terminated, user hits stop
button, etc).  HTTP status codes outside the 2xx range fire onload.

Not sure whether people depend on that behavior...  I'd hope not, but one never
knows.   :(

-Boris