Re: ISSUE-29: how is uri parameter of the open() method resolved

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:45:55 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:38:50 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> What we do is that we use window.document.baseURI, most likely for IE
> compat wrt interaction with <base>.
>
> It is worse if multiple documents are calling each other and there are
> XMLHttpRequest objects involved. Then it is more or less unpredictable
> in mozilla.

During the F2F we resolved to go with what IE does now which is more
predictable. I drafted something
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/publish/XMLHttpRequest.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#definitions
but it should probably get some additional references and a bit more
clarification. Suggestions are welcome.

What we resolved for ISSUE-29 is that the XHR object has an intrinsic
property holding Window.document.baseURI from the Window it was created
in. That intrinsic property never changes, etc.