Re: ACTION-119: dblclick analysis

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>Context Info is the same as for the click event, including UIEvent.detail
>which returns the amount of subsequent clicks (not double clicks) taken in
>account platform conventions. For example, on Windows it will go to 2
>after 3 and on the Mac it will go to 4. So when dblclick is dispatched,
>its UIEvent.detail says 2 (or a multiple of that, depending on the amount
>of clicks you made and depending on platform conventions).

Your test documents apparently never check dblclick.detail and this does
not describe how implementations currently behave; in Opera9 and FF2 the
dblclick.detail is always 2 as far as I can tell. I assume that's what
the specification should say until someone objects...

Also note that click.detail depends on the environment configuration,
not the operating system, which allows DOM applications to behave in
accord with the conventions of the environment they run in; on Windows
e.g. FF2, Opera9, and Batik all employ slightly different behavior.