Re: Request For Feedback on Event Groups

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 01:39:27 -0700
Cc: "'Public Web API'" <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: doug.schepers@vectoreal.com

On May 1, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> The WebAPI WG would like to solicit feedback about Event Groups,
> particularly from implementors. Do Event Groups fill a current need?

Not as far as I am aware - event handling seems to be handled fine on
the web without them.

> Are they implemented in your UA, or are you planning to do so?

Not implemented. No specific plan to implement them on their merits,
although if they end up in the spec we might implement them

> Are they used by authors in the wild?

Not that I know of.

> Basically, are there compelling reasons to either keep them or to
> get rid of
> them?

IMO any new feature that is not justified with strong use cases
should be removed. This includes event groups.

Regards,
Maciej