Re: timeStamp and DOMTimeStamp

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:26:03 +0200
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Mar 27, 2006, at 22:35, Ian Hickson wrote:
> I propose we define DOMTimeStamp in ECMAScript as being a Number
> giving
> the number of milliseconds, excluding those in leap seconds, since
> 1970-01-01T00:00:00.0Z.

Apart from the fact that Safari uses this, do we have to stick to the
Unix epoch? I know it's classic and all, but I wouldn't expect events
to occur in the past, so that's 36 years' worth of milliseconds gone
to waste (over 10^12). Would there be a big issue starting with, say,
2000-01-01T00:00:00.0Z (or even 2006)?

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist