Re: Call for Java volunteers

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:34:10 -0800
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

On Mar 21, 2006, at 3:23 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:31:33 +0100, Cameron McCormack
> <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>>> Since HTML also has a <script> element, I guess the same way
>>> would work.
>>> (There really is a need for some document describing the
>>> semantics of
>>> <script> and <style> in general...)
>> Perhaps, but then something like the EventListenerInitializer
>> interface
>> (mentioned in the same SVG Java Language Binding chapter) would be
>> needed.  If anyone knows of an HTML browser that does support Java
>> scripts, please let me know...
> Oh, right. Now that's exactly why such things need to be generic...

It would be nice to have a generic approach to scripting documents
with Java, but since there is no UA supporting that right now in HTML
or XHTML, I don't think we should include tests for it in the window
test suite. If a UA did appear supporting it, then we should
definitely add it to the test suite.