Re: A few tweaks for ReSpec

On Mar 25, 2006, at 1:19 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Hi everyone (and especially Robin),
>
> I made a few changes locally to ReSpec that I think are
> improvements, and I'd like the ok to check them in.
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> * Implemented <termdfn> and <term> elements, to generate properly
> styled definitions of terms in prose, and to allow uses of a
> defined term to link to its point of definition.

* Anne convinced me this was lame, so I did something slightly
different. Instead of having to write this:

   A <termdfn xml:id="dfn-flux-capacitor">flux capacitor</termdfn> is
the part of user agents with the highest flux impedance.
   When the engines are damaged, user agents MUST calibrate the <term
ref="dfn-flux-capacitor>flux capacitor</term>.

I just reused the dfn element for termdfn, and made the XSLT
stylesheet automatically generate ids and hrefs based on text
contents of <dfn> and <term> elements, like so:

   A <dfn>flux capacitor</dfn> is the part of user agents with the
highest flux impedance.
   When the engines are damaged, user agents MUST calibrate the
<term>flux capacitor</term>.

This generates html that looks like this:

   A <dfn id="dfn-flux-capacitor">flux capacitor</dfn> is the part of
user agents with the highest flux impedance.
   When the engines are damaged, user agents MUST calibrate the <a
class="term" href="#dfn-flux-capacitor">flux capacitor</a>.

* I also added a style on the <code> element to make it match normal
text in size, since most browsers default to a 16-point default font,
but a 13-point monospace font. (The only exception I could find is
Opera, this makes <code> spans look too big, I am not sure how to
address this in a cross-browser way. Any CSS wizards want to help?)

Someone (best of all Robin) please sanity check my XSLT / XPath hackery:
This still includes the other two changes I made: