Re: ACTION-11: got to love keypress

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:52:00 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> I guess there is need for follow-up issues, testcases and actions...
> Mostly testcases I guess, if there's one thing the world needs.

It appears the previous WG made some tests:

  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/tests/keys-cancel.html
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/tests/keys-cancel2.html
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/tests/

(Not sure if http://www.w3.org/2002/09/tests/keys.svg is actually correct
though...)

There are similar examples to be found outside the W3C:

  http://www.din.or.jp/~hagi3/JavaScript/JSTips/Mozilla/Samples/KeyEvent.htm

Now these tests are mostly testing attributes not found in DOM Level 3
Events... One thing I noted is that Firefox and Internet Explorer as
opposed to Opera don't always dispatch keypress. For example, when
pressing SHIFT, ALT, CTRL, CAPS LOCK, TAB nothing happens in those
browsers.