Re: ACTION-70: Define the scope chain of onFoo events reference issue-1

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:05:59 -0000
To: <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
> If you feel strongly that it is important to distinguish when order  of
> even dispatch is guaranteed, we could add a property to test for  it. But
> if you think it doesn't have important use cases, then I  don't see why it
> is important to tell when it is in effect.

If there are use cases, then it's important to know when it's in effect - if
there aren't use cases, then there's no point defining it.

> If it makes a promise that you, as a content author, would rather not
> rely on, then you are free to ignore it and I do not see the harm done.

I am a user, not just a content author, particularly I'm likely to be an
user of legacy UA's (as all new UA's have truly atrocious user interfaces
for my use patterns)

> I wouldn't know how to tell if there's code out there that could  depend
> on order of event dispatch. My experience with large systems  is that it's
> hard to avoid dependencies like this creeping in.

Then it should be easy for someone to come up with an example :-)

Jim.