Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

"Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
> Doug Schepers wrote:
>> I don't think that the risk of nasty hacks outweighs the utility of
>> clipboard access.
>
> Perhaps, but what are the use cases for giving the author access to my
> clipboard?  I think the user already has sufficient control over the
> clipboard to cut, copy and paste using a variety of methods including
> keyboard shortcuts, context menus, Edit menu, etc.  Under what
> circumstances would a) the author need access to the clipboard, and b) the
> user grant such access?

The ability to copy non-visible things is very useful, the ability to copy a
modified version i.e. the same motivation as a print stylesheet but for
copy.

For example, the user copies their flight itinerary from
www.virtuallythere.com, currently many things from it are not very useful,
they contain links to irrelevant places in a text format, tidying it up into
a regular text format would be a useful feature - I've done similar things
with labelling applications etc. previously.

Cheers,

Jim.