Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:53:57 +1100
To: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
CC: 'Web APIs WG' <public-webapi@w3.org>

Doug Schepers wrote:
> I don't think that the risk of nasty hacks outweighs the utility of
> clipboard access.

Perhaps, but what are the use cases for giving the author access to my
clipboard?  I think the user already has sufficient control over the
clipboard to cut, copy and paste using a variety of methods including
keyboard shortcuts, context menus, Edit menu, etc.  Under what
circumstances would a) the author need access to the clipboard, and b)
the user grant such access?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/