Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:53:57 +1100
To: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
CC: 'Web APIs WG' <public-webapi@w3.org>

Doug Schepers wrote:
> I don't think that the risk of nasty hacks outweighs the utility of
> clipboard access.

Perhaps, but what are the use cases for giving the author access to my
clipboard?  I think the user already has sufficient control over the
clipboard to cut, copy and paste using a variety of methods including
keyboard shortcuts, context menus, Edit menu, etc.  Under what
circumstances would a) the author need access to the clipboard, and b)
the user grant such access?

Lachlan Hunt