Re: Optional method arguments in the DOM

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:12:39 -0400
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

We didn't do optional arguments for the same reasons we didn't do some
other things in the DOM: they aren't supported in enough languages that
they really belong in the core/portable/standardized specification.

I'm not convinced there's a need to re-evaluate that decision.

"... Three things are most perilous: Connectors that corrode,
  Unproven algorithms, and self-modifying code! ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish
(http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)