Re: Extension HTTP methods

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:21:00 +0200
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Pete Kirkham" <mach.elf@gmail.com>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:56:20 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

>>> Blindly standardising what one vendor does doesn't make sense;
>>  We can certainly assume they have thought long and hard about a change
>> that WILL break existing content.
>
> It would be really great if we could work based on facts instead of
> hearsay.

Yes, but I can't quote people verbatim on a public mailing list without
their permission.
I will ask the MS developer and our senior HTTPS/networking dev if they
can give me an explanation I can pass on, or even respond in this thread.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software