Re: Targeted Cross-Document Scripting

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:53:24 +0000
To: public-webapi@w3.org, public-cdf@w3.org

On 2/12/06, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> I don't have Win IE + ASV to test with but I suspect it would work
> there too.

unfortunately not as the SVG is in an EMBED element inside the IFRAME
- so it could be made to work there with some extra indirection, I
don't think there's any way to make it work with OBJECT in the above
scenario.

> referencingElement + contentDocument could replace the need for 1 if
> you attached the functions to the document instead of the global object.

Attaching functions to the document would be a bad idea though I
think. In IE you can even make it actually impossible, and many less
common UAs have similar problems. (Notably the Java ones including the
Batik/IceBrowser CDF combination I believe, but haven't checked)

Cheers,

Jim.