Re: Namespaces in Xpath expressions

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:04:21 +0100
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Feb 10, 2006, at 00:17, Ian Hickson wrote:
> It may be worth considering that if the editor of the specification
> can't
> get the XPath expressions in the examples correct, it is very
> likely that
> authors of content using the specification will have even more
> troubles.

If you want the internal details, I was playing with just how much I
was thinking of subsetting and kept changing my mind. I knew the
XPath wasn't correct, I was just etching. I forgot to fix it later.
Big deal.

> Maybe using XPath for this purpose is not the optimal choice?

XPath may or may not have design flaws. Personally I like it. I am
not aware of any other general-purpose addressing mechanism available
to W3C specifications anyway, so I don't see what else could be used
anyway.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist