Re: [REX] Inserting comments?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:01:31 +0100
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org
To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>

Hi Stéphane,

On Feb 09, 2006, at 17:01, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> [I m not a member of the mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.]

You are welcome to join it though!

> A DOMNodeInserted event can insert a comment. But I do not find how to
> express it in REX.
>
> <event target='/some/where' name='DOMNodeInserted'>
>   <!-- I assume this comment is a comment in the REX file and will
>   *not* be inserted -->
> </event>

No, actually, if the target DOM supports comments, then this comment
will in fact be inserted into the target document. Is there any part
of the specification which makes you believe that it would not or
that could be clarify for you to be certain that comments can indeed
be supported in this manner?

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist