Re: Selectors API naming

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:40:39 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> So the plan of matchAll is to make getElementById and
>> getElementsByTagName effectively obsolete? And that's why a different
>> sort of name is justified?
>I would think so.

I note that there has been quite some interest to integrate E4X and the
DOM; if that happens, and if shorter names are so much better, the API
under discussion would become obsolete quickly, for example, you could
write instead of

to retrieve a list of all images under 'body'. Considering that, I do
not think this is or should be the plan.