Re: Selectors API naming

Hi Robert,
FWIW - Dojo's function is actually [window.]dojo.byId() and I believe that
Yahoo's is [window.]YAHOO.util.get().

Jon

Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
Web Architect, Emerging Technologies
IBM, Menlo Park, CA
Mobile: +1-650-926-5865

             "Robert Sayre"
             <sayrer@gmail.com
             Sent by:                  "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>
             public-webapi-req                                          cc
             uest@w3.org               "Chris Wilson"
                                       <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Ian
                                       Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Dave
             12/20/2006 11:10          Massy" <dave.massy@microsoft.com>,
             AM                        "Anne van Kesteren"
                                       <annevk@opera.com>, "Web API WG
                                       (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Selectors API naming

On 12/20/06, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:

> No, one group of JS programmers do that, it is not representative of the
> entire industry at all

Mappings to getElementById in some popular JS libraries:

Yahoo UI: get()
Prototype.js: $()
MochiKit: $()
dojo: byId()

etc, etc.

I guess that's the nice thing about getElementsBySelector. It's like
picking 6 names all at once. :)

--

Robert Sayre