Re: Selectors API naming

On 12/20/06, Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/20/06, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
> >
> > No, one group of JS programmers do that, it is not representative of the
> > entire industry at all
>
> Mappings to getElementById in some popular JS libraries:
>
> Yahoo UI: get()
> Prototype.js: $()
> MochiKit: $()
> dojo: byId()

So would thes popular JS libraries stop using those names if
document.getElementById was called document.id for example?
It seems to me they wouldn't as it would still be too long for their
taste (the maximum length in these examples is 4 characters).

> I guess that's the nice thing about getElementsBySelector. It's like
> picking 6 names all at once. :)

I don't think getElementsBySelector is picking 6 names at once at all.

Regards,
Martijn

--
Martijn Wargers