Re: Selectors API naming

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:13:08 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Web API public" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Dave Massy" <dave.massy@microsoft.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:51:37 +0100, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> 1. Does anyone see any other issue in the current draft that should be
> fixed?

I'm happy...

> 2. For the following options, do you consider the names "fine", "not
> great but acceptable", or "unacceptable"?
>       getElementBySelector/getElementsBySelector
>       matchSingle/matchAll
>       matchSingleBySelector/matchAllBySelectors

(note the correction to the above :( Thanks Bjoern).

Any of these is OK by me. I also like Berjon's "matchCSS" approach to
naming. Mostly, I still like names as short as possible, and shipping...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com