XMLHttpRequest HTTP methods

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:15:23 +0200
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

I propose that for the open() method we throw a SYNTAX_ERR when the first
argument does not match the token production of RFC 2616 and a (not yet
defined) SECURITY_ERR when the method is not allowed for security reasons.
Depending on whether we go for a blacklist or whitelist we can also have a
NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR I suppose.

For the user and password and perhaps the uri argument something similar
has to be done I guess.