Re: XMLHttpRequest Object Suggestion

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:05:22 +0100
To: <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Patrick Kohler" <pkohler@emporia.edu>
> Presently there is a type of restriction with the XMLHttpRequest object.
> Given that only a single global variable is defined to handle the
> XMLHttpRequest object, a developer can only make one request at a time.

There is no such restriction, and I'm not sure why you believe there is,
could you explain some more?  There is a fact of HTTP which means that
realistically you can only reliably have 2 simultaneous connectoins, but
that is not a script limitation.

You do not need global variables, and can easily use javascript closure's or
other techniques to seperate the requests.

Cheers,

Jim.