Re: [XHR] What mime types should trigger XML parsing?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:33:20 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:12:59 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> There's a big difference between example pages claiming that authors
> should set the type="" attribute to text/xsl, and servers actually using
> that MIME type in their Content-Type headers, let along in the
> Content-Type headers of content used from XMLHttpRequest.

Sure, as I pointed out for text/xsl in
http://www.w3.org/mid/op.s8ihwrtt64w2qv@id-c0020.lan ...

> I'd recomend only looking at text/xml, application/xml, and */*+xml.

But also others as suggested in
http://www.w3.org/mid/Pine.LNX.4.62.0604260515341.21459@dhalsim.dreamhost.com
and in
http://www.w3.org/mid/Pine.LNX.4.62.0604260530490.21459@dhalsim.dreamhost.com
..? I like the text/html suggestion for a bit.