Re: cookies and XMLHttpRequest

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> David Flanagan wrote:
>
>> Your XMLHttpRequest draft of 05 April 2006 specifies that
>> XMLHttpRequest should automatically include cookies in outgoing requests.
>>
>> But it does not specify what should be done with cookies included in
>> incoming responses.
>

> What does current implementations do? Are the cookies available through
> .responseXML.cookies?

Hmm.  I didn't even think about that.  That's actually a pretty good idea...

What I meant, however, was that you need to specify that the browser
must/should/should not store cookies sent with the response to an
XMLHttpRequest.

I don't actually know what current implementations do, although I assume
that they store any cookies sent with the response.

Note that the document would probably have to be