Re: XMLHttpRequest readystatechange events

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:45:52 -0500
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
CC: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Robin Berjon wrote:
>> At the moment, Gecko allows adding a single "onreadystatechange"
>> listener that's notified of changes in readyState.  We would like to
>> add the ability to add such listeners via addEventListener; the event
>> name would be "readystatechange".
>
> So basically this would amount to supporting EventTarget on XHR, right?

We already do that -- "load" and "error" events can already be added via
addEventListener.  The question I have is whether there are any obvious problems
with also allowing addition of "readystatechange" event listeners (and firing
said events), in terms of interaction with other XMLHttpRequest implementations
and with planned future work by the WG.

-Boris