Re: [XHR] What mime types should trigger XML parsing?

Let me clarify what I meant. You originally wrote:

>>> It should say that implementations **use intrisinc knowledge
>>> derived from
>>> the media type registration** to determine whether or not the
>>> type used to
>>> label the entity body is an XML media type, persumably one that
>>> is meant
>>> to be used for complete document entities rather than other
>>> entities as
>>> those cannot yield in a Document.

[emphasis mine]

Should implementations be allowed or required to use intrinsic
knowledge from other sources than media type registration? For
example, suppose my user agent recognizes "image/svg-xml" or "text/
xsl". Should it then treat these as XML, even though they are
unregistered, and will likely never be registered?

Registering types is of course a good idea, but unrelated to the
point I was trying to make. I just wanted you to clarify whether you
intended "knowledge derived from the media type registration" to
limit this behavior solely to registered types.