XMLHttpRequest test suite suggestion

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:35:02 -0500
To: public-webapi@w3.org

If I follow correctly, relative URIs passed to open() should be resolved
relative to caller (whatever that means; more on that in a separate mail).
That's not actually precisely what Gecko does right now; probably a bug in Gecko.

In particular, if you have documents A and B at two different URIs that can talk
to each other:

1)  Document A creates an XMLHttpRequest object
2)  Document A sets an onreadystatechange listener on it.
3)  Document B calls open()

the base URI will be document A as far as I can tell from the code.  Worth
adding a test to the test suite for this and similar things where two different
windows both work with the same XMLHttpRequest object.

Note that each step here needs to be done off a timer or something to avoid the
ambiguity as to what "caller" means that I alluded to earlier.

-Boris