Re: ISSUE-75: Is method case-sensitive?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:54:43 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>> * Web APIs Issue Tracker wrote:
>>> ISSUE-75: Is method case-sensitive?
>>
>> We resolved that yes, the parameter is case-sensitive. This implies that
>> scripts like those in the draft are essentially incorrect since there is
>> no 'get' method yet. I think we should have a very visible warning for
>> this in the draft then.
>
> So what testcases were being used? I understand that this is what HTTP
> says but if implementations are different (for XMLHttpRequest at least)
> we should have some reasons and arguments for making it case-sensitive.
> I'd like this issue to be reopened because there's not sufficient
> information on how the group reached consensus on it. (I read the minutes.)

One argument is that it's simply impossible to work around an XHR
implementation that changes the casing in a way that the server doesn't
expect. For example if the server wants a 'doit' method and the XHR
implementation case folds to uppercase, the script author will simply
not be able to use that method.

So in this case I think both mozilla and opera does the wrong thing.

/ Jonas