Re: ISSUE-75: Is method case-sensitive?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:06:11 -0500
To: Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
CC: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>, hallvord@opera.com

Gorm Haug Eriksen wrote:
> Hallvord tooled me that this only applies to the unknown methods.

For Firefox it's a little more complicated, actually.  Methods are essentially
case-insensitive.  But there's only a small list of methods built in.  So when
you use a new method, it's added to that list with whatever case you used.

Try something like sending "foo" followed by "FOO".  The server will receive
"foo" twice, if I read the code aright.  Changing the order will change what the
server gets.

-Boris