Re: several messages

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Ian Davis wrote:

> Those are interesting ideas but my proposal is specifically to limit the
> scope of which 3rd party hosts can be accessed by the XHR object. Why is
> that out of scope?

Well, it seems you'd want all the restrictions in one place, rather than
have restriction policies for each feature specced out separately. Also,
it would be very strange to restrict XHR while not restricting the dozens
of other ways of doing cross-site communication -- if what you're trying
to do is leak information, you don't care whether you're using cross-site
XMLHttpRequest or an older system (indeed, the older the better, as it'll
work with more browsers).