FYI: XHR HTTP tests updated

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:14:53 -0700
To: public-webapi@w3.org

In Cannes, a few people expressed interest in the ad hoc HTTP testing
I've been doing on XmlHttpRequest implementations;
   http://www.mnot.net/javascript/xmlhttprequest/
   http://www.mnot.net/javascript/xmlhttprequest/cache.html

Recently, I've been concentrating on the caching tests. Most of them
are indicative of the browser's cache implementation, rather than
anything specific to XHR, but I would note that it appears that
browser caches currently don't pay attention to Cache-Control request
headers sent by XHR, which is disappointing.

If anyone is interested in helping, or has bug reports* or
suggestions for more tests, I'm all ears. The back end is a mish-mash
of Apache .htaccess config and CGI scripts, but I'll open source it
if there's interest.

Cheers,

* The only outright bug I know of now is a weird interaction with
Opera in the cache invalidation tests; I'm sure there are others.