Re: XHR: restrictions on request headers

On Apr 11, 2006, at 02:03, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> 2) It would allow a client to cause the UA to violate the http RFC
> (besides just requirements on syntax, obviously those are possible
> with any header).

Do we really want to enforce this? I'm not entirely convinced that
it's our place to do so, and and I don't think that we want to
require that the UA validate all requests as it would be quite a
burden. That's not something that any of the HTTP libs I've used so
far do.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist