Re: XHR: restrictions on request headers

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:43:09 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

> I would tentatively say the following are not valid reasons to restrict
> a header:
>
> 4) It could result in content that the UA might not be able to parse as
> text or as XML (this can happen anyway with no custom headers).

If a header will always cause the UA to not be able to parse the
response as neither text or XML then I think that could be disallowed.
There is no point in giving users a tool if the only thing they can do
with it is shoot themselfs in the foot.

However I'm not sure if there are any such headers though, so this might
be a moot point.

/ Jonas