Re: ISSUE-58: XMLHttpRequest.abort() should just reset the object

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:34:03 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Actually, the last mail I see from anyone on this subject is Jim Lay
> arguing for always going to 4, which I tend to agree with as long as we
> can find some solution for error handling.

 From what I recall the last e-mail in that particular thread was me saying
you can't rely on what IE does in this case... (Well you can, but authors
probably don't as it doesn't make much sense...)

Why do we need to find a solution for error handling? I thought that
wasn't necessary for "version 1.0". Personally, I'm perfectly happy
extending the API with .onabort, .onload, .onerror and perhaps .onprogress
as well making it event based instead of "invoke this method" based.