Re: passive Copy-and-Paste with scripts

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:44:40 -0700
To: paul@activemath.org
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> I have written a little note to explain my ideas that could enable a
> safe copy-and-paste in scripts running within web-pages. Please find it
> here:
>
>    http://www.activemath.org/~paul/tmp/Ideal-Browser-Behaviour.html

I am still slightly worried about pages denying access to copy data, but
I think it would be worth giving it a shot. Browsers could always
require a higher level of security in case it turns out that pages abuse
it too much.

However, I would like to see it defined in terms of an event rather then
attributes. Also, it is not clear to me that onselected or oncut is needed.

/ Jonas