Re: ISSUE-66: should Documents that aren\'t being presented be required to have a null defaultView?

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> 3) Forbid any non-presented Document to implement DocumentWindow (seems too
>> restrictive).
>
> I am strongly in favour of 3. If we don't do 3, we're going to have to
> require a whole heck more than 1 -- we're going to have to special case
> every single API that requires a rendering context.

What happens when a document goes from "presented" to "non-presented" or vice versa?

And note that even if we disallow such transitions doing what you propose would
require that all document creations know whether the document is going to be
presented.....  This could be a pretty heavy burden in some cases.

-Boris