Re: ISSUE-65: Should Window spec add parentWindow property to documents?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:30:49 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>
>> I can't say that I feel strongly about it, but having both seems sort
>> of  redundant. What is the advantage over having just one of the two?
>> If we  add both only opera is going to be conforming in this regard,
>> if we just  add one then the number of browsers that work out of the
>> box is going to  be greater.
>
> Well, it would depend on which one we pick... I favor both as well,
> although parentWindow is a very confusing name...

If we pick both it will only work in opera, if we pick parentWindow it
will work in IE and Opera, if we pick defaultView it will work in
Firefox and Opera. So no matter which we pick it'll work better if we
just pick one.

/ Jonas