Re: ISSUE-64: Should the Window spec define Window\'s place in DOM event flow?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Web APIs Issue Tracker wrote:

> In existing de facto Window UAs, the Window object is an EventTarget and
> part of the DOM event flow; for events in the contained Document, the
> event performs the capture phase on the Window before the Document and
> bubble after the Document. Should Window 1.0 cover this? Should we
> mention it in DOM Events as a requirement on UAs that also implement
> Window? Or should we defer it to a future spec?

If it happens for every event, but only for Window, not for other global
scopes, then it should be in the Window spec.

If it happens for only certain events, it should be in the specs that
define those events.

If it happens for all global scopes and isn't specific to Window it should
be in the DOM Events spec.