ISSUE-61: Should the Window spec drop any conformance requirements for AbstractViews besides the defaultView?

From: Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 02:56:28 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapi@w3.org

ISSUE-61: Should the Window spec drop any conformance requirements for AbstractViews besides the defaultView?

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/61

Raised by: Maciej Stachowiak
On product: Window

Are there any UAs out there that implement AbstractViews and actually have multiple views? Opera has
been cited as an example, but is there a second? Does it work well? Do all the views implement the
Window interface, or only the primary view? Maybe we shouldn't specify too much about multiple views
unless we can find actual implementations of this.

Also any plausible multi-view test would require significant user interaction to be effective.