UX issues - Re: Stopping (https) phishing

> On 12 Jul 2018, at 15:34, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And fwiw, for any UX issue, there is no certitude in the absence of very specific testing.

The UX issue is the one I have heard people worry about the most, and I think quite
understandably.

So reading through some recent literature on security and tying this to my deeper
knowledge of modal logics - both frame based (Kripke) and neighborhood based (David Lewis) -
and their evolution over the past 40 years in Category Theory,  plus tying that to
my deep familiarity of the work Tim Berners-Lee and Dan Connolly on N3, and my
experience of the emergence of the web over the past 27 years, I have sketched out
how one has to think logically of this over the weekend.

Phishing in Context   -  Epistemology of the Screen
https://medium.com/cybersoton/phishing-in-context-9c84ca451314 <https://medium.com/cybersoton/phishing-in-context-9c84ca451314>

The nice thing is that this logical reasoning has lead me to discover that there
is a way to overcome the equivalent in UX of the brain in the vat problem [1]
by inspiring oneself of the Apple Touch Bar present on MacBook Pros (they
just released a new version this week). This is a second screen that could
be in part owned by the OS, and give up to date information (as a stock ticker)
in case the company producing the software changed ownership, or in fact
warning messages in case of deeper problem.

I Tweeted this yesterday evening and got 23 Retweets since then!
There is a twitter discussion there already for those who want to check it out

https://twitter.com/bblfish/status/1018851742522503170 <https://twitter.com/bblfish/status/1018851742522503170>

I  have the feeling this can really open some new possibilities that
are very much worth looking at.

Henry Story

[1] This is the ultimate skeptical problem: how do you know that you were not
kidnapped yesterday by Alpha Centaurians and that everything you see, smell and
feel is an illusion generated by their high powered computers.

I go in to this at the start of the paper I gave at The Web Conf in Lyon
    Epistemology in the Cloud
    On Fake News and Digital Sovereignty
    https://bblfish.net/blog/2018/04/21/