Re: Call for Feedback: Fighting XSS with Isolated Scripts

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Eduardo Vela <sirdarckcat@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In case any of you is interested in XSS mitigations, here's a short
> proposal of a somewhat new type of XSS mitigation:
>    http://sirdarckcat.blogspot.com/2017/01/fighting-xss-with-
> isolated-scripts.html

Hi Eduardo,

Just to clarify, this doesn't actually prevent malicious JavaScript from
running, it just isolates trusted content from it?  So the XSS can still do
drive-by downloads, execute buffer overflows, modify some parts of the DOM
for fake log in prompts, etc?

I played with the demo and that seems to be the case, but wanted to make
sure I understood the problem that this is solving.

Thanks,

- Bil