Re: Future of Web Crypto API

On 9 February 2017 at 06:51, Tony Arcieri <bascule@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There tends to be quite a high bar for a new W3C Working Group.
>>
>> But FWIW, I would support it
>>

> At one point I heard rumors that most of the browser vendors effectively
> stopped participating in the last WG. Can anyone share if these rumors were
> true?
>
> I don't think a new WG can be successful without the browser vendors fully
> on-board.

I was impressed with the work Mozilla did in the previous WG, especially at
the start.  Politics seemed to feature more in later stages.

It might possibly be interesting to include get the opinions of some
forward thinking browsers such as brave [1] and iridium [2]

[1] https://www.brave.com/
[2] https://iridiumbrowser.de/