Proposed recharter: Web Security IG

From: Samuel Weiler <weiler@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 13:51:55 -0500
To: public-web-security@w3.org
Colleagues,

We've been putting together a revised charter for the Web Security
Interest Group, noting that the current charter expired at the end of June.

Your comments on the draft charter are welcome.  It can be found at:
https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/websec-ig.html

Here's the expired charter, for comparison:
https://www.w3.org/2011/07/security-ig-charter.html

Compared to the current charter, the draft:

-- Welcomes Kepeng Li and Ryan Ware as co-chairs,

-- Goes into more detail re: work the IG might do,

-- Removes the liaison relationship to the IETF WebSec WG, since that WG
has closed, and

-- Removes the list of W3C working groups with which we are required to
coordinate.  This section in charters is typically used to require
groups to seek outside input, e.g. accessibility review.  Since the
WebSec IG is not chartered to produce standards, it does not have such
strict obligations.

Again, your comments are welcome.

--
Sam Weiler, W3C