Re: Payment Authentication issues facing EU Banks

Indeed, see e.g. Article 97 (strong customer authentication) of PSD2,

Also note that the payment service user’s explicit consent is key in
providing (additional) services but - in sofar I understand -  would
allow third party access to payment data. But that's more a privacy than
a security aspect.

Rob