Re: State of the WebCrypto API

On Sunday, October 11, 2015, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, what I meant is that WebCrypto didn't got top priority.  IMO, this
> is probably be related to utility.

The WebCrypto API uses a feature (promises) that IE11 has no plans to
implement, because it's a legacy browser that's doomed to die.

But you can polyfill promises, and use the WebCrypto shim, at which point
WebCrypto works just fine.

What "already deployed native crypto" are you talking about that works in
>> Internet Explorer 11?
>>

> There's obviously no such thing and that's the problem in a nutshell.

So you're saying WebCrypto doesn't work in IE11 but it does, and you have
no viable alternative to suggest. You claimed there was some solution
that's being overlooked, but when I actually ask you about it, you have
nothing.

Why did you start this thread?

--
Tony Arcieri