Re: [W3C Web Security IG] securing the web fonding by the W3C TAG

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
wrote:

> There is also the issue that "more https" alone may not usefully
> mitigate the PM threat unless mixed-content is also largely
> eliminated from the web. That issue is implicitly recognised in
> the statement (though I'm not sure where "[[mixed-content]]" is
> pointing) but I think the logical consequence here is simply that
> confidentiality is more than desirable, and that in fact is
> really required to be available (even if not always used) for
> all web traffic, including http schemed traffic.

The "[mixed-content]" link points to the bibliography entry for
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/mixedcontent/.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)