From: Colin Gallagher [colingallagher.rpcv@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 15:23
To: Anders Rundgren
Cc: public-web-security@w3.org; dsr@w3.org Raggett
Subject: Re: [WebCrypto.Next] Linking web identities with real-world identities

Nobody learns from history. Even the "need" to prove you are a child or an adult means something darker is at work. There is no need for the user to disclose anything to anyone across the web and no need for "idemix" style services that demand you "prove who you are." It is one thing for a user to voluntarily broadcast such information from keys stored locally (keybase model) which can also be integrated with the web. It is another entirely to demand that users be identified through protocols you would develop; this calls to mind the Holocaust, as I have pointed out in the past.

The only standard if you were to proceed with one here should be completely zero knowledge based. But based on the discussion I've seen thus far I can't imagine any protocols will evolve that will protect the users since your intent seems to be to identify them, group us, and yes, Holocaust us for corporation-states. Therefore I cannot support these proposals.