Re: [W3C Web Security IG] call for comments on Security Review Process and Security Guidelines

On 5/28/14 11:57 AM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As we received our first requests for conducting security review on
> Web RTC and Manifest specifications, I think it is time for this IG to
> confirm that the tools proposed on our wiki are relevant to start
> security review. This is why I am calling for comments on :
>
> -Security Review Process [1] : allowing the other groups to request
> security review and setting up a frame for the review and reviewer
>
> -Security Guidelines [2] : supporting editors and chairs to fill in
> the Security Consideration section in their deliverable
>
> Lets give us **15 days** to collect comments on this mailing list ( I
> will edit those tools accordingly on the wiki).
>
> After that first period, those tools will be our basis for beta
> testing our security reviews.
>
> Hope to see your active contributions here.

Hi Virginie, All,

Has the group agreed to "track" reviews to facilitate Qs like "so, what
is now being reviewed; when does the review for doc X end; who agreed to
review doc X; where are the comments from the review of doc X; what were
the results of the review" and such? I see there is an empty section in
[1] that could include this type of data (or it might make sense to
create a new page).

Is the expectation the reviews will be done on this list? The TAG uses
GH for its reviews [GH]. It also seems something like [specifiction]
could be used. How does PING conduct its spec reviews and track them (as
it might make sense to use similar/identical methods)?

-Thanks, AB

[GH] <https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews>
[specifiction] <http://discourse.specifiction.org/>